Re: [OT] MP3 recorder with line in

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:35:57 +0100, Simon McCaughey
<simonmcc@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>We are thinking of buying an MP3 recording device to record our church
services.

>The only requirement is that it must have a line in (prefer stereo),
>and as an extra bonus, if it could record to various tracks that would
>be good (eg touch a button to start a new track)

My church uses an iRiver iHP-120 (IIRC) for exactly this purpose.
We've been quite happy with the results. I don't know how easy it is
to start a new track - I think you would just press Stop and then
Record again.

The only problems we have found with it are the terrible UI (in my
opinion at least - I never really made any effort to get to grips with
it though) and the recordings seem to come out a bit quieter than we
want (easily fixed with MP3Gain).

David.