Re: Sonos - what's the point?

  • Subject: Re: Sonos - what's the point?
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:25:00 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "marcmchawi" <marcmchawi@y...>
wrote:
> There I was ready to part with my hard earned cash on a set of Sonons
> zone plsyers and a controller..............and then I find out if i
> buy it I can't use about 500 of my songs. Why? Because I'm a good boy
> and pay to download songs from itunes.
>
> Sonos is supposed to be a digital music player, but you still have to
> buy the CD's and then burn them onto your hard drive.
> Sonons supports itunes playlists but not legally downloaded music
>

> So can someone help me out with this.......please

iTunes allows you to burn bought music to CD (a limited number of
times) in unencumbered formats - something that's worth doing if only
to protect your investment. Doesn't that solve the DRM problem?

Incidentally, Windows DRM isn't able to cope with the concept of music
being served to multiple devices in a single home - which is
apparently why Sonos can't support that either.

Patrick