RE: Anyone ever used Lonworks ?

  • Subject: RE: Anyone ever used Lonworks ?
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:50:28 +0100

No Tim, the Lon protocol is owned and licensed by Echelon Corporation for
use by other companies who need a robust network protocol for their
products
such as smartkontrols. This in theory means that providing you know what
variables are being used and what the addressing structure is in place then
you can simply plug in and start to talk to the system. The reality is a
little more complicated but in essence this does work. Lon stands as an
open, published standard in the controls market alongside others such as
EIB
etc. As I said, I'm not a Lon guru, I just know enough to work with the
systems I spec, design & commission.

HTH

Neil B.

_____