Re: [OT] Maplin's glowing balls

On 07/06/05, Ward, David <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ah,  wired charging
>
> I was (stupidly, for the price) thinking they were charging like the
these
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/lights/5cf5/

Kind of like that (my sonicare toothbrush used that, it was cool),
although a lot less technically.... the balls have a metal plate on
the bottom with a ball bearing and you seat the unit onto the charging
base and spin it round for ages until the contacts meet up just right,
then the little charging light goes on...... but that's the same bit
where the on off switch is etc so if you are opening it to modify it
there's a chance that that's going to interfere.

> Thanks for the info though,  I might get a couple as presents.
> Our friends kids are captivated by the colour changing LED in the our
Psion
> Wavefinder when they stay over

They certainly are pretty :)

Doogie