[OT] DNS issues when changing hosting provider

  • Subject: [OT] DNS issues when changing hosting provider
  • From: <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 17:06:21 +0100

Hi,

About 10 days ago I signed up for an email hosting package to replace my
current
one. I use it to receive email sent to my domain.

So, once the new account was set up, I informed my domain registration
company
and the nameservers were changed from the old provider to the new provider.
assumed that was all I needed to do...

Now, even 10 days later, I receive more than half my email through the old
hosting account.

According to www.dnsreport.com, the NS records at the parent servers are
correct, i.e. they show the new information. However, "the NS records
at your
nameservers" shows the old information! The MX records don't seem
right either.

Have I done something wrong? Do I need to get my old hoster to stop
responding
to requests sent to my domain? Or is it simply a case of waiting until it
sorts
itself out?

Thanks

Dave