Re: Windows Media Centre...

  • Subject: Re: Windows Media Centre...
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 09:23:03 +0100

I have the same Antec Chassis and while it isn't silent I find it really
easy to live with - it is totally silent most of the time (S3 suspend) and
only jumps to life when there is work to do.  For any sort of playback it
is
pretty much inaudible and the only time it is noticeable is when it is
doing
its thing in a silent room - and even then it is really quiet.

I found the best Bang/Buck combination came from the little adjustable
chokes (I bought mine from Ebay, but I am sure someone could knock them up)
which allow you to adjust fan speed - I found backing off a CPU fan by a
little bit halved the noise whilst only adding a degree or so to the
temperature - Same with case fans.

Abit Mobos have the capacity to adjust to adjust fan speed as a function of
key core temperatures - so the fans only spin as fast as they need to.

Tim.