Windows MCE - dual tuner card, bit confused

  • Subject: Windows MCE - dual tuner card, bit confused
  • From: "Geraint Williams" <aclcsc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 14:56:58 -0000

Afternoon all,

Please feel free to slap me with a kipper if this is a stupid
question that i'm over complicating.

I am in process of building a HTPC with MCE2005 (been testing upon
it for a while, and now a dedicated machine is being built)

I have a Haupagge PVR500 dual tuner card which the intention was to
use this to allow two sat boxes to be hooked up to the card and
allow recording of one, watching of another etc.
Currently have a TiVo which the mrs has really got into so it's got
to be the same ease of use if not more so before I can justify
moving over to the HTPC system.

What I can't understand is can I literally have two Sky boxes with
two sky cards and MCE be able to handle this ?
If the boxes are the same make and model, then how does the control
of the channel changes occur ?

Any help be most appreciated.

Regards
Geraint.