Re: Asterisk PSTN interface

  • Subject: Re: Asterisk PSTN interface
  • From: "UKHA" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:59:53 +0200

On 02/06/2005 at 15:19 David Balharrie wrote:

>Afternoon all,
>
>I have started playing around with Asterisk@Home and now want to try
>connecting it my phone line along with some Dect phones to Asterisk.
What
>hardware do you recommend I use? Looking in the archive some of you
have
>had
>problems with using PCI card interfaces due to line quality or causing
>fault on the line. The Sipura SPA-3000 box seems expensive compared to
how
>much some of the cards can be picked up for.  If I did go down the
route of
>using a Sipura SPA-3000 would I need two, one for the line coming in
and
>another to connect my dect phones or is there a better option?
>

>Thanks,
>
>David

I use the TDM40B cards, but I'm in .nl - I've had no issues at all the
TDM40B supports 4 modules which can be a mix of either FXS or FXO...
Currently I'm using 2 of them 1 providing 4 FXS and the other 2 FXO. 2 fxo
ports have 2 separate DECT base stations plugged in and there's no issue
with that either.

If you use the SPA-3000 you'll only need 1 since it has both and FXS (what
you plug a phone into) and an FXO (what you plug the phone line into) port

Personally I'd stear clear of the X100P (single port fxo) and don't even
think about one of the clone cards. Your other option is a VoiceTronix
card, but I suspect that it's a little too expensive if you are just
playing.

Andy