Re: [OT] Warning - Lovefilm

It may be worth checking up with the credit reference agencies that they
haven't put anything against your file. It is easier to put it right now
when you have the proof that it was a mistake and can get them to fix it
rather than later when you go for a mortgage and discover there is
something on your file.

Simon

(ever grateful for one of the book clubs who in the eighties started
sending books that I didn't want then got objectionable about me paying
for them. I only discovered how seriously objectionable when I went for
a mortgage - we hadn't even got to the collection agency stage. Vicious
and according to the Bank that was doing the mortgage very common and
thankfully sorted now.)

In message <20050602085250.56BA0D484C@xxxxxxx>, Ian
<ian@xxxxxxx> writes

>Just to add to this...
>
>We got a letter from C.A.R.S. (the debt collection agency) on behalf of
Love
>Film, with the usual "pay up or be dissembowelled" friendly
letter. Which is
>news to us, as Love Film are paid on the nose every month by Direct
Debit.

>Turns out that we used to be a "DVDs on tap" customer before
we joined Love
>Film, and the wonderful new system decided that we therefore owed Love
Film

--
Simon Pawson