Latest message you have seen: Re: {Disarmed} RE: Re: Philips Living Colors LED lights - automation?

RE: 6.1 / 7.1 Speaker placement

  • Subject: RE: 6.1 / 7.1 Speaker placement
  • From: "Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:20:56 +0100

> Firstly, I'm not sure whether to go for 6.1 or 7.1.  I'll be=20
> buying the amp for this, so have both options, but equally I=20
> can't spend several thousand on one, most likely it'll be=20
> around the =A3700 mark.

If you are going for 6.1 the advice is go for 7.1. The main reason for
this=
is that the human hearing system has trouble deciding if a sound comes fro=
m in front or behind if they are both in the same place. Splitting the
rear=
channel into two eliminates this problem.

As for the rest of the setup, your Rear Left and Right should inline with
y=
our ears and your Surround Left and Right should be behind you.

If you have the budget to stretch, go for this:

http://www.avland.co.uk/pioneer/vsxax4/vsxax4.htm

Due to be about =A31000 but has HDMI switching so will last you longer
than=
a component amp.