Latest message you have seen: Re: What Multimeter? General HA Use

Re: [OT] Bluetooth GPS

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Bluetooth GPS
  • From: "Chris White" <cmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:01:22 -0000

I have just bought a Globesat BT338 from Buybits on ebay.

It had a great write up on www.pocketgps.co.uk and I am blown away by
its performance. It has a SiFRIII Chip and has locked onto its little
satellites before TT5 has even planed its route!

If the unit looses Blue Tooth for more the 10mins it shuts down, grat
for the car and my iPaq.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ho yin Ng" <yahoogroups@h...>
wrote:
> Gosh things have moved on quickly since I last asked this question.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> I am now ready to purchase a GOOD Bluetooth GPS unit. Something
small that I
> can use both in my pocket and in the car.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> One that will work with both Tom tom and Route 66.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> There seem to be a lot more than I remember .. and  a lot of new ones.
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Any recommendations? Or ones I should steer clear of?
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Expansys have a Socket OEM one for only =A361.95
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=3D119717
any good? I don't mind