Latest message you have seen: Seeking longer IDE cable

Re: What M/B, processor and video card for XP Media edition

  • Subject: Re: What M/B, processor and video card for XP Media edition
  • From: "Matt P." <matt.l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:19:36 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John Andrews" <groups@j...> wrote:
> I have found the card for =A359 quid:
> http://www.cannings.co.uk/acatalog/AverMedia_TV_Cards.html
> Just after a motherboard that has:
> MATX
> 2 x PCI
> Gigabit Ethernet
> Raid
> USB2
> SPDIF
> Firewire
> Socket 775

I can really recommend getting a motherboard from=20
www.mediacomputers.co.uk - they were very helpful in recommending a=20
board that met all my requirements and since they sell ready-built=20
MCE PCs with these board you know it will work. MCE is very, very=20
picky with hardware so you're in for a bit of a lottery if you just=20
assemble one from various bits and pieces. It took me three tries to=20
my MCE box right. VIA chipsets with Nvidia graphics cards for=20
instance seems very problematic. On the whole ATI cards seem to work=20
better with MCE than Nvidia cards.=20

Good luck!

Matt