Re: LCD Glass

I was about to mention the same stuff - 'blackout lining'. Available=20
at most good curtain shops.  If you are having curtains / blinds=20
made (or DIY!!!) you can use in place of standard lining material.=20

We used it in roman blinds in the kids rooms when they were babies=20
as it stopped them being woken by the summer sun.=20

Of course you can probably use equally effectively in a home cinema=20
set up;-)

Note the 'leakage' point below.  I have seen roller blinds mounted=20
in a U channel down each side and the bottom (about 2" deep) that=20
stops this. But it didn't look great!

Regards

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, David Greaves <david@d...> wrote:
> Go to a curtain shop and ask for blackout curtains.
> They're actually white liners but they block out all visible light.
>=20
> The main thing for us is that they don't lie flat to the walls or
> top/bottom so you need a reasonable overlap around the window frame
> (which we have now)
>=20
> <=A350
>=20
> David
>=20
> David Irwin wrote:
>=20
> > I think you are talking about the fabric that photographers
use=20
which
> > can be
> > used as a shade when taking outside portrait photos - perhaps=20
asking in a
> > camera shop would be the answer?
> >
> > Dave

Behalf Of
> > Jim Noble
> > Sent: 20 July 2005 17:00
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: LCD Glass
> >
> > Rob Mouser wrote:
> >
> > > A little lateral....but.....We have some Velux Siesta
blinds.=20
I don't
> > > know what fabric they use but heck black-out MEANS
black-out.=20
Even on
> > > the sunniest of days and even though it's a roof window
(Which=20
gets
> > > direct
> > > sunlight) it blocks light 100%. It obviously has the
advantage=20
of
> > > running in a metal track which helps eliminate light
creeping=20
round
> > > the edges.
> >

> > Presumably they get a bit warm in direct sunlight?
> >
> > I wonder if anyone makes them with one side coated with a highly
> > reflective
> > material...
> >
> > Jim
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> > --
19/07/2005

> > Home repair improvement
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=3Dms&k=3DHome+repair+improvement&w1=3DHome+repair+improvement&w2=3DComput=
er
+stuff&w3=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3DTcERUCDPQcJLbg9mtvQGJ=

> > 	Computer stuff
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=3Dms&k=3DComputer+stuff&w1=3DHome+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&=
w3
=3DHigh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3DplS9-eUUfaBXyLVFT87AJg>
> > 	High
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=3Dms&k=3DHigh&w1=3DHome+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=3DHigh&=
w4=3DI
mprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3Db5d547gPx7eFWNGqXQCl7A>

> > Improvement
> > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
t=3Dms&k=3DImprovement&w1=3DHome+repair+improvement&w2=3DComputer+stuff&w3=
=3DHi
gh&w4=3DImprovement&c=3D4&s=3D76&.sig=3DO6pw_oratTOwep2G_91fIQ>

subject=3DUnsubscribe>
> >=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
> >     *  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
Terms=20
of