RE: Re: [OT] : wiring sockets ??

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] : wiring sockets ??
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:24:29 +0100

Measure at the CU, yes. But then also measure at each outlet where you
have something plugged in. The furthest physical socket may not report
the biggest drop as, depending on where your devices are plugged in, the
current around the ring will vary. Voltage drop depends on length, as
well as the current drawn (high current, big volts drop).

Cheers,

Tim.