Re: Mythtv Recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Mythtv Recommendations
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:00:10 -0000

Hey All,

Regarding the PVR 250...  interested in getting MythTV up and running
myself and found these on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/796zk

At time of writing the guy has 25 available at =A340 inc shipping - not
bad as far as I can tell!

N.B

No affilliation etc just thought this may be useful for those
interested in getting one!

HTH,

Matt :)

P.S

These are OEM cards and do not have composite in only S-video, but
thats easy enough to get around!

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> For controlling a Sky+/Sky box, you may be interested in a
mini-review I've just written on a USB box that communicates with the
box through the RF port - no dodgy IR!
>=20
> I'm just waiting on Mark getting back to me so I can upload it to
Automatedhome.co.uk - Is Mark away at the moment????
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
>=20
>=20
Behalf Of
> > Kim Wall
> > Sent: 18 July 2005 14:50
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Mythtv Recommendations
> >=20
> > aashram wrote:
> > > Any experienced user recommend a good capture card (s-video
or
rgb in)
> > > What IR output device can I use to control my setup box.
> >=20
> > Using a Hauppage PVR250 with myth here - it Just Works, and the
> > quality's spiffy.  The 150/500 are allegedly a littHey allle more
fiddly to get
> > working (think they need a more recent ivtv driver), but many
people
> > seem to be using them.  The 350 works fine, and has a built-in
decoder,
> > but personally I'd save myself a few quid and get a 250 and cheap
Nvidia