RE: Re: [OT] Anyone got one of the new TomTom's yet?

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] Anyone got one of the new TomTom's yet?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 17:58:47 +0100

Well, I just bought the Go 700 and drove home comparing it to the Go
classic (whilst watching the road carefully obviously!!!)

The hands free Bluetooth phone option is really good - the mic is built
into the attachment device and also allows you to plug in an additional mic
if required. Incoming calls show the number and caller if you loaded them
into the TomTom from the phone. Limited testing shows that the mic is ok
although I've not heard the results for myself.

Setting up the additional features and internet connection etc was really
easy and only took a couple of minutes whilst sitting in Staples car park!

Route planning seems a bit quicker over the classic and map updates are
quite a bit smoother when on the go.

Overall, I'm really impressed - especially that I now finally have a
Bluetooth hands free kit with the massive advantage of on-screen phonebook,
caller display etc.

Paul.

That