Re: Re: [OT] Anyone got one of the new TomTom's yet?

Paul Gale wrote:

>The TomTom is FANTASTIC! I've been using the classic version since
Christmas and it's VERY good - just wondered about the new Bluetooth
options and using it as a hands free kit etc which you can do.

>I'm off to get one anyway :)
>
>Paul.

Yep, love it  - indeed I have an old option fit SatNav system in my car
but bought the TomTom 700 too (intended for the other car)  -  Full
postocde support at last - nice 3D view and the Points of Interest
support for all manner of custom locations -   having the TomTom go
'whooo whooo'  as you approach 'dangerous' road areas that have
corresponding speed cameras is just so 'spooky' - and of course makes
for a safer driving experience  ;-)      Goes 'clink clink' near cash
dispensers too.

Route (re) calculation is very fast - noticed just sometimes though when
you first set off it doesn't lock on satellites for the first couple of
miles - could be as that first bit of road from home is very built up
and has loads of overhanging trees .