RE: Manly UPS ?

  • Subject: RE: Manly UPS ?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:02:33 +0100

> B & Q Clearance, 850W petrol Generator for £49.99
>
> Our local B&Q has amongst the tools section about 6 petrol driven
> generators marked 850watts, but that is peak, continuous is 650W.
> The only dissadvantage I can see is that they are two-stroke. Velly
cheap
> ??

If its anything like the one I bought from Makro a couple of years ago the
other disadvantage is that they are total rubbish.

Starting them for the first time takes absolutely ages. It needs to run for
about 5 minutes before any load can be put on it or it stalls.

Then it will run for an indeterminate period, sometimes 5 minutes,
sometimes
10, sometimes one minute before stalling. Will restart instantly only to
stop a few minutes later.

That happens with a constant load of a couple of hundred watt lead lights
in
the garage. I dread to think what it would be like with a non linear load
:-(

Wish I had spent more and got a little Honda genny.

Keith