Re: Part P wiring compliance - Cat5 affected?

> Paul Gale wrote:
> >Is that correct? If so, does that mean any Cat5 cabling running
into the kitchen, garage or garden is subject to regulation?

On 13/07/05, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> It also says you can't put any diy ELV lighting in anywhere without
> notification:
> "Installing extra-low voltage lighting (other than pre-assembled
CE
> marked sets)"

That would appear to be correct, on both counts, based on my reading
of the official Part P doc
(http://www.eastleigh.gov.uk/PDF/odpm_breg_029960.pdf).

Barmy... but then we all knew that anyway...

--
phil