RE: AirCon - with no digital buttons !??

  • Subject: RE: AirCon - with no digital buttons !??
  • From: "Neil Ball" <neilball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 16:38:34 +0100

Why not just use a mains relay to switch the power supply to the A/C unit,
controlled through Comfort/X10/CBus by your sensor - I'm assuming you are
thinking of one of the portable A/C units such as those in B&Q? This
keeps
things simple and straight forward.

Just remember to add a dead band to prevent fast cycling on & off i.e
switch
on at 24 degrees and run until temp drops to 22, rather than on & off
at a
fixed setpoint.

_____