RE: Powering a remote wake up switch from automation PC

  • Subject: RE: Powering a remote wake up switch from automation PC
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 10:13:40 +0100

Cool, glad you're getting it sorted. IIRC, Maplin and CPC have power
distribution cables for DC PSUs - simply a DC socket to daisy-chained
plugs to distribute a single PSU to multiple users.

Following on though, even if your PC was remote from the router, you
could probably knock up a couple of home-brew 'power over Ethernet'
cables to send the power down the same cat5 cable as the Ethernet to the
PC/micro, e.g. http://www.nycwireless.net/poe/

Cheers,

Tim.