RE: Re: F Type connectors in wall boxes, new house

  • Subject: RE: Re: F Type connectors in wall boxes, new house
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward \(GEG\)" <haweste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 07:12:35 +0100

David,

Have you got blockwork, or stud walls? If you've got stud walls, just
drill/cut out the back of the back box so that your cable has an easier
route. Have you also seen the 45degree outlet sockets? These might be
easier for your situation.

I would guard against soldering the cables - I've done a similar thing
with my speaker cables and the faceplates are now fixed to the wall. I
can have a small gap between wall and faceplate when the screws are
undone, but I cannot remove the plate completely without getting the
soldering iron back out :-(
(something I overlooked at the time)

HTH,

Tim.