[OT] Need help finding a tool...

  • Subject: [OT] Need help finding a tool...
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 13:20:43 +0100

... About ten years ago I was given a little hand tool by a friend who is
no
longer around. He described it as "probably the most usefull tool
you'll
ever have" and he was right - it has gone *EVERYWHERE* with me since.
It was
pretty much a simple wire hook made from a piece of small diameter tapered
steel about 2-3mm diameter at its thickest with a large thumb-loop at one
end and a specially shaped hook at the other (tapered) end. The trick in
the
tail was that the hook had a little extra bit on the end of it which is
almost impossible to describe in words but maybe I could knock up in a
diagram.

Anyway ... Sometime over the last month or so it seems my little tool has
gone walkabout and I would *DEARLY* love to find another. Whilst I had it I
had taken it to various places to see if they could identify what it was
(craft shops, needlework shops, crochet shops etc, handicraft shops,
fishing
shops etc.) and no-one was able to identify it.

Is there anyone that thinks they might be able to have a shot at
identifying
what it actually was? If you think you might know then can you drop me an
email off-list and I'll try to knock up a little drawing of it for you to
take a look at.

Phil