Re: Asterisk / Skype integration

To add to Pete's comments, I have had similar experiences.  The unit I
bought off eBay ( http://tinyurl.com/azvhw ) is designed
to sit
between a telephone handset and the phone line whilst plugging into a
USB port and works very well with a normal phone handset - and I guess
a PABX.

In use, I pick up the handset, *SpeedDial and I'm connected.  Put the
handset down and I'm disconnected.  What is worrying though is that
for incoming calls the handset sometimes rings and sometimes does not
(PC always rings). If the handset rings I can answer the call by just
picking up said handset;  If the PC only rings, I have to pick up the
handset and dial '*' to answer the call.  Not a major drama for my
trial at my desk at work but a barrier to me siting the unit at home
in Node 0 where I would have to rely on the home phones ringing.

HTH

;oj