From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Sullivan, Glenn
Sent: 01 July 2005 16:03
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] 1-wire CAT5

Those of you with one wire networks attached to some of your structured
cabling...

How do you do it?  i.e., is there some kind of standard for what pairs
to use for what?  I lean towards using the brown pair for a power bus,
because I believe that the brown pair (in the "B" standard of
termination) is unused in 10/100 networking, which would minimize the
risk of one of my NICs getting a shock from being plugged into the wrong
port...

And how do you interconnect them?  It seems that a patch panel with a
bunch of bridged ports would work, but is not recommended by Dallas
without adding switching to only activate one segment at a time...

TIA,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.