Re: Video capture

  • Subject: Re: Video capture
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:48:27 -0000

I use Avermedia EzMaker-PC PCI card to capture from my Sky+ box - via
svideo connection - to my pc which I then copy to DVD.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=83559

It has both svideo and composite inputs. The sound is input through the
pc soundcard. If your camera can output seperate chroma and luma then
you can use svideo for better quality. Most likely though, you will
need to use the composite input - might need a bnc to phono converter.
The software shipped with the card captures at various mpeg encoding
qualities depending on the bit rate, file size will be much bigger for
the highest quality and you can only get around 100 minutes on a single
layer dvd.
The software also gives you basic video editing, DVD menu & buring
feautres. It's ok, but I prefer to use nero for that.

HTH

Keyvan
--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Alan Ainslie" <alan.ainslie@l...>