Fw: Re: My first CBUS question...

  • Subject: Fw: Re: My first CBUS question...
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:38:30 +0100

Comfort to CBUS and back again - instant ! The bonus is the Comfort module
can set the clock on the CBUS network - so after a power down/cut, within
5 mins the clocks on the DLT's are back.

I'm planning on adding some logic so instead of a cbus switch directly
controlling a dimmer channel, comfort picks up the signal, and then sets
the cbus dimmer as needed. ie if it's night time, then a single press will
only set the light to 50% automatically - no holding the button down or
scene setting. Then during the day, pressing the same button in the same
way sets the light to 100%

Or something like this !

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/07/2005 11:35 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 11:19

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Re: My first CBUS question...
.
Category:

Michael Furlong wrote:
> I know you have Comfort so......
>
> IRR01 IR receiver connected to a RIO module....
> install the IRR01 in the speakerplate and connect
> to the CAT5
>
> I have a feeling this will only work with a learning remote.

Exactly what I am doing - waiting for the delivery from Comfort as I
write!  Can't comment on speed yet, but know that the Comfort to C-
Bus bit is pretty instantaneous - it will depend how quickly Comfort
responds to the incoming IR.

Learning remote - I have used a Pronto and am in the process of
[manually] copying the IR codes from an old version of Pronto Edit
to the new one.  There is a thread on the Comfort Technical forum
which covers that.

Nick