RE: Orange Wildfire

  • Subject: RE: Orange Wildfire
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:06:56 +0100

Jaguar have a similar system,  it can control all the functions that the
LCD
touch screen console in the car does.
It controls Sat nav, radio, CD, climate control & phone - sounds
v.similar
to the Merc
I got to play with the complete dash a few years back as part of an install
we did in a museum :D
The microphone pickup was mounted in the roof in a specially designed
housng
tailored to the accustics and position of the driver in the car.
The key thing was getting good quality audio, if you don't get that then
the
voice recognistion is going to stuggle no matter how good it is, the system
was totally speaker independent and very quick.

Dave