Latest message you have seen: RE: website

Media Server Help.

Can anyone help me with a few media server questions. I have trawled
the web but to no avail.

All my movies are now compressed to hard various hard drives on
various computers and blank dvd-r's. I am now wanting to build a
server to store them all on. My questions are as follows.

1 I need a case that can take a lot of drives but stay relatively
cheap so as not to alarm SWMBO!

2 I have a few 250 G drives that I want to use, and a few others of
various sizes. I need to build an array that will allow me to add to
it eventually letting me have TB's of storage.

3 I know I need to use RAID (I guess) but don't know much about it.

I know there are a lot of very knowledgable people on this site who
are always willing to help, can any of you help me out?

Simon