RE: Lighting

  • Subject: RE: Lighting
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:09:51 -0000

Hi Alan,

Primary colours for light are

RED

GREEN

BLUE

Secondary colours are MAGENTA (Red and Blue) YELLOW (Red and Green) CYAN
(Green and Blue)

All three mixed in the correct proportions give WHITE

LED's are now widely used in the Entertainment industry for lighting, you
can also get Halogen lamps with dichroic filters built in that will achieve
the same effect at much higher brightnedd levels and lower cost.

http://www.pulsarlight.com/ChromaRange.htm
probably the world leaders in
High power LED lighting

http://www.njd.co.uk/njd/maindir/Products/Standard_Lighting/Quartet/quartet.
htm shows a unit using halogen lamps (this one actually has yellow as well)

NJD used to make the MIRAGE which had 3 halogen lamps but this now seems to
have been replaced by MIRAGE LED
http://www.njd.co.uk/njd/maindir/Products/mirage/LED/led.htm

GU10 Coloured Dichroic lamps are available from
http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk

Halogen lamp 240V clear     23-4808 	?2.85
Halogen lamp 240V red       23-4724 	?3.50
Halogen lamp 240V yellow    23-4726 	?3.50
Halogen lamp 240V blue      23-4728 	?3.50
Halogen lamp 240V green     23-4730 	?3.50

Hope that helps

Keith