Re: [OT] SNMP Traffic Lights

Andy Laurence wrote:
> Has anyone come across a hardware device with traffic
> lights that turn on and off based on SNMP messages?  If not, it'll be
an
> old PC with a parallel port interface, but a proper device would be
> smarter.

Not quite what you're looking for, but you might consider one of those
scrolling LED message signs... The decent ones usually have a serial
interface.  I managed to acquire one a few months ago, and have mounted
it on the wall in the bedroom.  Fantastic for displaying all sorts of
info - the main use being caller-ID and showing what has triggered the
vibrating pad[1] (alarm clock/doorbell/phone/etc).  I have it displaying
a dim red clock and the bedroom temperature when nothing interesting's
going on.

kim.

[1] my partner is deaf, and the usual bleepery or coded flashing lights
are completely beyond her when she's half asleep.