Re: Re: RFID Human Implants - Occupancy Detection

On 26/01/2005 at 22:19 Wayne wrote:

>isn't the modern day equivalent Bluetooth??
>Am sure I remember an Asterisk (VoIP - PBX) that uses scattered blue
>tooth access points that pick up on - of all things - blue tooth mobile
>phone head sets (the equivalent of 'the badge'). The idea being -
>automatic hot desking - all your calls get directed to whatever phone
>you are near at the time.
>I don't think that the head set ever gets used as such - just something
>that has a unique id and transmits. All it would take is a cheap
version
>to be 'crafted' into a StarTrek type badge and your away!
>
>:)
>Wayne.

I use the asterisk bt module to route calls based on where my mobile phone
is. I'd also toyed with the idea of using a modifed version as presence
detection and managed to get a couple of very cheap headsets to tear apart.
Results were promising, except for the crappy way that you have to do the
pairing becuase they were cheap headsets.

Andy