Latest message you have seen: SHS2008 Video 4 - Cytech Comfort

RE: Multiple Wireless AP working together?

  • Subject: RE: Multiple Wireless AP working together?
  • From: lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:48:37 +0000

>So, if I have (lets say) a ground floor AP and a 1st floor AP how do I
set
>them up so a can "roam" about with an iPAQ for example,
walking in and out
>of coverage from each device?

Set them up on the same channel, same sid, but dont configure WDS.

If you have a DHCP server on your wired LAN, then this should be used to
assign the client IP addresses, not the AP's, as you cant have them dishing
out the same ranges, and you dont want your clients to keep getting new IP
addresses.

Im pretty sure if you are using something session based (such as RDP or
ICA) then you wont be able to seamlessly roam between APs without using
some of the more advanced routing firmwares.

Cheers,

/Neil/
www.spellings.net