RE: Stun me with your bathrooms!

  • Subject: RE: Stun me with your bathrooms!
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:47:30 -0000

Funny you say that SWMBO and I are currently trawling the show rooms our
selves as we have decided to re-fit our on-suite, we're just waiting for
planning permission for the addition of a velux window before we start.
Quite amazed by the amount of choice of suites, fittings etc and some
amazing differences in price!!! You literally can spend ten grand on a
bathroom suite! Heck! No Way!

As far as HA is concerned we're a bit dull :-(
C-bus PIR controlled halogen lighting and fan.
Wall pad for multiroom av control and a set of ceiling mount speakers.

That will all stay in the re-fit but I would like to get video into the
room
too! Problem is I want to see the screen from the bath, sink and shower and
there's no simple location.

I cant stomach the ridiculous cost of the Tile Vision waterproof TV
http://www.letsautomate.com/11001.cfm
units and I don't need a TV tuner
anyway.

Some sort of nicely made bezel seems to be a good idea with a Lilliput
http://www.lilliputuk.com/ type
7/8" screen mounted and powered from behind
seems a good option. There is the issue of condensation on the bezel
though?
Unless the heat from the unit behind would keep the bezel clear?

Another option that I saw from a tiny company at the Winter Ideal Home Show
a couple of years back was a small LCD mounted behind a mirror, they were
using 2.5 and 5" screens. In this case the company hadn't used a fancy
lcd
glass but simply had cut away the silver to the size of the screen on the
back of the mirror and mounted the screen close to the glass with a foam
gasket. When the screen was off it left a simple black square. If you were
to link the LCD power on to the lighting PIR (Which of course you ARE going
to fit :)!) it could come on automatically. Feed it with two inputs and
have
one permanently showing a nice digital clock graphic or something similar
:-) until you feed it with a multiroom AV source :-)

HTH

Rob