One for All remote control extender and sky+ box

  • Subject: One for All remote control extender and sky+ box
  • From: "Jamie Wilson" <james.wilson47@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:57:48 -0000

I have recently upgraded my sky + box to the new sky plus 160 box.
Previously when I was in bed (which I am a lot because of my disability) I
was able to operate my one sky + box with my sky + remote which is in the
living room through the One for All remote control extender with no
problems
at all.

But now since the new box has been installed the only way I can use my
remote control and the sky + box in the other room is to place a stool
directly in front of my sky box and on the stool place the remote control
extender with a box behind it (for some reason it works, don't ask me why).
That is the only set up which works.

Can anybody work out why this might be happening and also, more
importantly,
recommend another more reliable alternative which can operate between rooms
(presumably with an RF signal)?  Thanks folks.

Jamie
PS this message has been dictated using voice recognition software. As a
result it may contain words wrongly interpreted. ... Please, just enjoy!