Re: Stun me with your bathrooms!

Paul Gale wrote:

>Stun me with your HA enabled bathrooms.
>
>I’m looking at re-fitting an en-suite bathroom this year and was
thinking about what HA gadgets and controls I could put in – like a
digitally/computer controlled shower with LCD or TV display etc. I don’t
want to go too overboard but as I’d be re-fitting, it’d be a shame to waste
the opportunity.

>Anyone already done this? I’d be interested in your installation and
what gadgetry you have.

>Go on, inspire me :-)
>
>Paul.

My en-suite is probably boring.

- in-ceiling speaker driven as a secondary feed from the "master
bedroom" zone, but with independant volume control. After much
thinking,
I ended up putting the volume control just _outside_ the bathroom,
rather than in it.

- occupancy-detector controlled lighting and shower extraction fan

My wishlist for the next house includes underfloor heating as well, but
probably that's all. When I'm in the bath, I want to relax, so scented
candles and music are more important than the latest Arnie movie. When
I'm in the shower, I want to get clean and then get out, so having an
audio feed from the music / news is fine.

I sometimes wish I had a small in-wall screen immediately in front of
the loo, so if I need to "go number 2" halfway through something
I can
carry on watching :-) Maybe one of those 7" linitx screens with
composite video input would be just the job (if you'll pardon the pun.)
Mounted behind some perspex and with no controls in teh room - just set
up as a feed from the master bedroom screen.

We've looked at proper water-proof LCDs for a client, but he's balking
over the cost at the moment. We'd roughed up some designs for a
loft-void-mounted projector behind a perspex ceiling panel to project
movies onto the wall, but getting a projector with sufficient keystone
adjustment has killed cost there also.We can't use a projector in the
next room projecting _through_ because this is for a bath not a shower,
and therefore the client would be in the way. (He's a strict Moslem and
accordingly only showers, since his religion requires him to wash only
in running water so baths are out.)

Mark