RE: multi-zone central heating

  • Subject: RE: multi-zone central heating
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:26:09 -0000

The cost of all these systems makes me keep coming back to a TRV with the
thermostat bit replaced with a simple RC servo and cam.
It would need minimal engineering, simple metal bracket with suitable cover
for neatness.
Te servo gives you the proportional control from three wires, add a
microcontroller and it can be neworkable...

Of course this assumes that the standard TRV (valve bit) gives a flow
roughly proportional to the position of the actuator :-S

Dave