Latest message you have seen: RE: SATA for IDE disk swap?

Re: Remote Reboot

  • Subject: Re: Remote Reboot
  • From: "Tim Fletcher" <timfletcher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:23:43 -0000

I know this has been aired before, but I have the requirement to powercycle
a piece of equipment (Linksys WAG54G Router) remotely - with as little kit
as possible - anyone done anything similar.  I was perhaps thinking of
getting the vibration module of a PAYG mobile modified to act as a relay
and
cycle the power.  No current - 12V.

TIA

Tim

ps Please nobody point out that if I had bought the Vigor Router that was
recommended by the list I wouldn't have this sodding problem as it has
already been noted  ; (((