Latest message you have seen: RE: SATA for IDE disk swap?

RE: [OT] apple keynote

  • Subject: RE: [OT] apple keynote
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:00:42 -0000

> iMovie was originally created with the iMac in mind. My first Mac was
> the original "DV Special Edition" (ie included firewire)
iMac with a
> 400MHz G3 processor, and it could run iMovie quite happily. The OS has
> bloated a little bit since then, but I can still run iMovie on Panther
> (OSX 10.3) on the 450MHz G4 in my Cube quite happily. The Mac mini
will
> be about 3-4x faster...
>
> Jim

Cool!

Thanks Jim, I think a trip to an Apple reseller might be on the cards to
actually play with one when they are available. Sounding even more
tempting!

What's the betting on the time it will take before Apple have a surplus
stock - I bet the initial production run will be over subscribed several
times over.

What would be nice would be some stackable firewire hard disk enclosures in
the same casing as the Mac mini - could create quite a nice little
extendable rig with that :-)

Don