Latest message you have seen: Re: UKHA Archive Down

RE: [OT] Maxtor 1 Touch drives

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Maxtor 1 Touch drives
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:23:53 -0000

I run my DVD images off a pair of the 300Gb ones (still waiting to find
funds to buy another 8!) and they seem to work perfectly. They are
connected via firewire (daisy chained) to a reasonable spec XP box that
acts as the media server. The drives and box have been on 24 x 7 for a
couple of years without problems. Of course as Phil pointed out, the
problems were with the older cases.