Latest message you have seen: RE: [ADVERT] Audiotron and SCART Switcher + Other "STUFF"

Re: new combi boiler

Jim wrote:

> My Ravenheat combi boiler has just died, and it seems unrealistic to
> repair it any more.
> The engineer (who charged me £170 to get nowhere with mending the
> Ravenheat)recommends the Worcester-Bosch 28CDi.
> I've not managed to find any sites on the internet that give real
> reviews. Are there any "dogs" (apart from Ravenheat), or
"good guys"
> in Combis?

Meep. Boilers obviously don't like people called Jim. Mine decided it
didn't want to do anything so mundane as make water hot last night as
well...

Just had a right fright when I saw your message as I'd just send an
email on the very same subject - but not to UKHA!

> I need to get a new one installed NOW due to the weather, and the need
> for a hot shower! Any advice on a replacement?

Sorry, same boat etc... (FWIW our Glowworm fuelsaver F seems to have
survived remarkably well considering the previous owner seemed to have
decided that yearly boiler servicing was something only other people
needed to do...)

Bah.

Jim