DVI Cabling advice needed

  • Subject: DVI Cabling advice needed
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 17:21:40 -0000

Hi All,

I need to run my 10m M1-DA - DVI cable from my MCE box to my
projector. The route will go from one end of my living room near the
floor, up and across to where the projector will be hung on the
ceiling. The problem is that as I'm trying to keep all my cables as
neat as possible I really wanted to be able to plug my MCE box into
a DVI socket mounted on a face plate in the wall using a short DVI -
DVI cable. What I'm looking for and can't seem to find is a chassis
mounting DVI socket which has female connections both sides and can
be mounted onto a standard UK face plate. The other problem
associated with this is that the DVI plug on my cable is moudled and
approx 2 inches long so any chassis socket would need to be right-
angled.

Can anyone advise? I really don't want to have to have a cable
poking though the wall or floor.

TIA
Darren