Re: Amplifier Recommendations

darren_karp2001 wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a standard home hi fi amplifier (in brushed steel
> finish or similar) which has as at least 2 Aux inputs. It doesn't
> need to be too powerful, 30w will probably be ok (enough power to
> fill a 30 ft x 20ft room) and as slim as possible.

Speaker sensitivity is just as, if not more important than amplifier
power when it comes to "filling" a room. Even small amps can be
turned
up a bit more. The difference is that you'll get more distortion with a
smaller amp for a given volume and set of speakers (although go too
powerful and you can end up ripping a speaker to bits!)...

So, squaring off the tangent to bring it nicely back on subject, what
you really want is some nice sensitive speakers. As for an amp with at
least two inputs, have you tried somewhere like richer sounds? They
usually have a few to choose from.

Jim