RE: Assistance for Anosmia

The number of times I have had someone stick something under my nose and
say
"But you must be able to smell this" is just not funny.

I don't have a sense of smell, its not something that comes and goes, I
have
never been able to smell anything, ever. You get some funny looks I can
tell
you. Bet blind people don't get things stuck in front of them and told they
must be able to see it... *sigh*

Anything that could detect gas and off food is the main thing. I am not too
bad at the gas thing, I tend to visually check - though a gas leak would be
a Really Bad Thing (TM), but food is the main thing - and any comments on
my
cooking will be met by an un-proportional response at UKHA2005 ;-)
Especially as I have learned how much garlic is "enough", when
you cant
smell the stuff, you cant taste it either.

Jenni