RE: [OT] ADSL Wireless Router Recommendations

  • Subject: RE: [OT] ADSL Wireless Router Recommendations
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:46:26 -0000

Tony
=20
All my stuff is Netgear (the router being the DG834G); I've never, ever had
any problems with it.  The last time I looked, which was a while ago, the
u=
time was 50 something days. I've never experience any line drops, except on
one occasions where it was a BT issue.  You can turn off the SSID
broadcast=
,
though sadly it doesn't have the USB print-server (not many do).  I've only
got a TiVo, PC and 2 laptops running through it, but it's really quite
stable.  Signal strength has never been an issue, though it's not really
being tested in its current location (under the stairs at the In-Laws).
=20
I did try to add a Linksys router to the set up, and that was horrible, so
the usual rule of not mixing wireless brands unless you have to applies,
bu=
overall I'd always recommend the Netgear routers.  My company has about 50
of these deployed for remote users as well.
=20
Pete
=20
=20