Newcomer

Hi Everyone.
I used to be on this list in the past and for one reason or another
cancelled
it - iirc it had something to do with moving house.
My HA consists of a few X10 units dotted around the house - I do intend at
somepoint to finish installing the rest that are sat in a box in my
office :).

Why have I come back to the list ?
Mainly 'cos a lot has happenned in the HA industry whilst I've not been
paying
attention :) also I wanted to get my head around this new 'part P' stuff.

My initial thoughts on part P are that zero effort seems to have gone into
the
promoting of it and it's requirements.
One thought that does spring to mind it how on earth does anyone know what
has
been installed prior to 1/1/2005.
If I'm reading things correctly, minor work doesn't need certifying (other
than in 'special areas') and practically anything other than adding a new
circuit is classed as minor work, also (other than in special areas)
repairs,
replacements and maintenance work doesn't need to be notified. So unless
I'm
wiring in a new circuit practically everything I can think of that I'm
likely
to want/need to do will be covered by repair,replacement or maintenance.

Jon