RE: iLight OR CBus ??

  • Subject: RE: iLight OR CBus ??
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:48:14 -0000

Hi Dean

We probably were just unlucky with our failures but it involved quite a few
extra trips back to site swapping out kit and re-programming temporary kit,
all of which costs us time and money and didn't exactly look too good to
the
client. There was 2 touchscreens in the property being used to store the
scenes needed to operate electric curtains and blinds (of there were 13
off), and when one of the touchscreens went down we didn't want to touch
the
first one in case we lost it as well. Unlikely I know but given the luck we
were having then it wouldn't have surprised me. But with one of the
touchscreens taken out the client couldn't open/close the living room
curtains! We had to show her how to use the local switch on the relay - not
very impressive.

Regarding the output channel MCB's, it's the cost of the breaker but rather
the time taken to them all together whilst it's a lot simpler on the iLight
racks.

Do you not find it strange that Clipsal do not have a relay unit made to
suit electric curtains, either mains or low voltage? I'd have thought this
would have been fairly easy for them to produce. When controlling low
voltage DC blinds we are having to use 2 channels of a change-over relay
and
a separate relay channel to allow for a disconnect (i.e. stop mid-travel).
If the change-over relay even had a centre off option it'd make the units
more flexible. And when using 2 channels of a change-over relay you have to
make sure that the channels can never be switched so as to supply the motor
with +/+ or -/-.

Stephen