Re[2]: [OT] Electronic Pet Containment

PG> Have you actually read the details of some of those systems -
PG> delivers a "Stimulation" i.e. electric shock! This is EVIL
- I
PG> can't believe anyone can sell a product like this any more. It
PG> should be banished with the likes of choke chains and bear
PG> training.

PG> :(

Oh come off it! Properly designed and implemented electric fences are
very effective and humane animal control systems. They give the animal
a high voltage but low power shock, which is not dangerous. Once an
animal has had a shock it does not try to repeat the experience, so it
keeps clear of the fence.

One harmless electric shock is as nothing compared to the injuries
that the average pet will accumulate in a lifetime of fighting other
animals, colliding by cars, being molested by children, etc.

I have several electric fences to protect our birds from foxes and
trees from deer. I can assure you that the fox will inflict lots of
cruelty to our hens if she manages to get to them!

Bill                            mailto:bill-taylor@xxxxxxx