Re: [OT] Electronic Pet Containment

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:14:03 -0000, John Nye <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nope, but would love something similar to keeps cats out - they are
playing
> havoc with SWMBO's garden!
>

> > Friends asking if I know anyone with experience of electronic
containment
> > system for Dogs.  I've found these...
> >
> > http://www.smarthome.com/petcont.html
> >
> > Anyone tried anything like this?

No, but it reminds me of a tale a lecturer once told me. Their
neighbours (male) dog used to fit under the hedge, take a crap on his
lawn then scurry back under the hedge into hs own garden.

This came to a head when it did it while he was having a bbq one
summer, so he resolved to solve the problem using his electronics
skills. He got the winker unit from a scrapyard, wired it up to the
power in his shed, then ran a cable just about dog-nad height under
the hedge. Note that a dogs underbelly is the only part not usually
covered in hair.

Sure enough shortly after  activiating the contraption, they heard a
yelp, and even though the device is now retired, they have no problem
with dog shit on their garden.

--
-S