Re: [OT] video capture for video to DVD of home movies

  • Subject: Re: [OT] video capture for video to DVD of home movies
  • From: "big_red_frog" <atod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:01:58 -0000

I recently did my parents wedding super 8 or whatever it was called,
big reels and lots of noise.

We stuck an ironing board infront of my projector screen, put the
super 8 projector onto that and a miniDV camera next to it.

Worked out a good distance for the best contrast / focus from the
super 8, and then hand zoomed and focused the miniDV for full frame.

I did the focusing by eye on the small camera monitor, but I would
advise linking the output direct to a decent TV so you can see the
focus on a larger image.

Then just ran the reels through a few times to get a couple of
slightly different focuses.

Firewired down to windows movie ( free from microsoft )

Edited down to remove all the lead in / lead out and blank pieces.

Wrote it back out to HD still in DV I think.

Then used Picture show 3 to create a menu'd DVD, though I would now
definately use Nero 6 instead.

Excelent results, everything to hand, and my gran got to watch it
which is something which would never of happened if it stayed on the
reel.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Kevin Ellis" <forum_mail@y...>
wrote:
> Need to transfer some home movies to DVD for a few family memebrs,
any recommendation on capture hardware/software etc.